Have a lump on shoulder near neck, had sinus infection. Get myself biopsied?

I have lump that I just noticed on my top mid shoulder/bottom edge of neck . My friend is a CRNP and feels that I should let it go for a while said it could be a lymph node. I was at an urgent care tonight for a sinus infection and I has the doc feel it and she said its hard and fixed and I need to have it biopsied! It feels hard in when I bend my neck forward. But when I am relaxed I can wiggle it around. She was not interested in talking to me anymore about it. Now I am a nervous crying mess. Please offer me sound advice on what could be causing this? I understand that I need to see a Doctor but right now I already have myself so worked up I can hardly think. The lump popped up this past week. It is about an inch, wiggly when I am slouched, and more fixed when neck is tilted forward as to look down.
Asked On : Sun, 20 Jan 2013