Have a lis frank injury, due for surgery to fix torn/ruptured ligaments. By walking, will I do more damage to this injury ?

I have a lis frank injury & will have surgery in about 2 weeks or so to fix 2 torn/ruptured ligaments where I will have 3 screws inserted. I m still walking on my injured foot till then with minimal pain with comfortable rubber slippers & sometimes with sneaker shoes. I sometimes have a bit of swelling & redness if I stand too long or walk too much on it & when I accidentally stretch it in bed! I also have the 2nd,3rd & 4th metatarsal fractured but it seems to be aligned & healing okay & I didn t know it was fractured until after the 5th week & had swelling & bruising in the first 2 weeks or so & thought it was just a bad sprain initially! It has been almost 9 weeks since my initial injury. By walking on it as I do, will I do more ligament damage to this injury until I have my surgery? Thanks heaps! :)
Asked On : Fri, 15 Mar 2013