Have a hole on skin after stepping onto sharp object. Worry?

Hi, I have a hole under my skin on my right foot . I have not stepped on any pointed object that may cause this but I can see a little hole inside the skin and I am curious. There are times that it is painful when I walk and when I press it as well. I find it weird because how come I have a hole inside the skin which is very visible when it is not open on the outside. Is it something I have to worry about? because my friends would tell me I would have to undergo an operation which scares me a lot.
Asked On : Fri, 28 Sep 2012