Have a history of DVT. Taking warifin. Had an injury recently. My concern is could an injury like this cause another DVT?

I have a history of DVT and am currently on 6mg of warifin. A few days ago while I was walking, trying to exercise, I twisted my left ankle and fell on my right knee. since then I'm having quite a bit of knee pain, to the touch as well as while standing and walking and swelling. My concern is could an injury like this cause another DVT? I'm thinking about going to the ER but I don't want to for just a bruised kneecap.
Asked On : Tue, 30 Apr 2013