Have a hard spot on head. Have discharge from that hard spot often. What can it be?

Have noticed a hard spot on the top of my head above the ear feels like a tightness which stretches from the spot to the back of my neck right behind my ear where my hairline ends, sometimes the spot is soft and I had held a heating pad to it on high for a few days and afterwards had noticed a discharge that was hard sort of like the dead skin after a scar heals and was easily removable u cannot tell that there is an issue just by looking or feeling that section of my head
Asked On : Tue, 30 Apr 2013