Have a calf dent on the outside with minimal amount of aching, terrible pain from hip to the bottom of heel. Solution ?

I have had a calf dent on the outside with a minimal amount of aching since around the first of the year. Exactly 3 weeks ago today while running I had terrible pain from my hip to the bottom of my heel. After a few hours maybe I could tell the pain was coming from my knee . I have seen 2 doctors , the first said the calf muscle had atrophied most likely because of peronial nerve compression and weakened my knee therefore allowing an injury. He sent me to an orthopedic surgeon who said even tho it did not show on the x-rays he felt I had a slight tear in the menescus. He did not seem at all concerned with the calf and did not think a nerve was involved as I do not have any weakness in my leg or foot . He convinced me to have a cortisone shot and wait 2 weeks. The cortisone shot has reduced the pain in my knee tremendously but I am still worried about my calf as there is noticable difference in the size and deep in the dent there is great tenderness to pressure. Now I also have periodic stinging in both legs and sometimes arms . I have looked on the internet extensively but nothing actually sounds like my problem. I have limped around for so long every thing from my hips to my ankles are sore . Thank you for your time.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Mar 2013