Have a bump under the skin next to a fingernail

I have a soft bump under skin next to a fingernail. No discoloration, pain, or redness, just a swollen area. The fingernail adjacent to the bump has become deformed, concave on that side of the nail & thinner, but normal nail shape on the other side where the bump isn't. I've had this condition for so many years that I don't remember which came first, the bump or the deformed nail.

Thanks for any information.

Rae McMaster
Asked On : Thu, 30 Jan 2014
Thanks for query.nail deformation unnoticed for long time is directing towards onchomycosis(fungal infection of nail).consult a dermatologist to confirm diagnosis and get treated. regards

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.