Have a boil on face and head, swelling, redness. Applied ice, alcohol. Help?

I have a boil that will not come to head on my face I have had it for over a week, I ve tried drawing oitments, hot towels etc and when that wasn t working I figured it wasn t coming to head so i tried to take some redness and swelling down with ice and applied alcohol on it to try dry it out but it is still big, red and shiny and I go away on Friday for my holiday! Please Help. Gareth
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013
Welcome to healthcaremagic,
You need to consult surgeon and get a check up .
The boil is to be drained and antibiotics may be required for proper healing of the boil.
Please get a check up and let the doctor decide the mode of treatment .
Hope you be alright soon