Have a bacterial infection around the skull after having a skull fracture. On antibiotics. Having hallucinations, not eating. Are these symptoms leading to coma?

my brother has a old skull fracture that has had a blow and now has a baterial infection around gunk was drawn out of head as it goes down to near his ear, bug was sent off but couldnt detect what bug it was so was sent off again by addenbrooks hospital in cambridge for further tests. intravenus antibiotics were supplied but problem is my brother is now refusing treatment...surgeon/doctor have said this will eventually make way through skull when then he would fall into coma . he is now having hallucinations as talking to walls thinks devil is coming to get him...wont eat as wants to die. yesterday he said he had fell unconsious mind was there but couldnt move at all and when he could nose was bleeding. i really need some advice on length us family may have before he may go into coma? with these recent symtoms? very hard for us all as mental health are saying he is sain but yet it likes how could he be? when refusing treatment as wants to die. please advise?????? kind regards Natalie
Asked On : Tue, 11 Sep 2012