Have a PE tube in the ear. How to take it out without going to doctor?

I have a PE tube in my left ear. This type of tube is supposed to be long lasting or even permanent. The one in the right ear fell out. I would like the other one to fall out as well. The dr s say there is scabbing all around the tube on my eardrum that is holding it in place. The end of the tube also has scabbing or wax so it is doubtful the tube is even functioning. Is there anything I can do to help the scab loosen and fall off so the tube might fall out as well? Drops or oil or something? I have a phobia of dr s putting things in my ears so I dont think I can handle an ent just going in and getting it. (I had to be put to sleep for them to insert the tubes . And I can hardly tolerate them looking in my ears.)
Asked On : Sat, 26 May 2012