Have Vitamin-D deficiency. Stopped Calcirol D-2 due to side effects. Can I take cod liver capsules?

I developed Vit D deficiency post surgery (sleeve gastrecomy&ileal transposition for type-2 diabetes ). My Vit D Total is 13.17 ng/ml against normal 20-32. I have no calcium deficiency, for it is 9.38 mg/dl against normal 8.6-10.3. I was prescribed one Arachitol (6 lac units) inj to be followed by Calcirol D-2 sachet per week for 8 weeks. I didn t take the inj., for I m told it is painful as it is oil-based. I took only the sachets for 4 weeks and stopped as I felt like having stones in the bladder and having irritation while urinating. Please advise me if I can take cod liver oil capsules to supplement my Vit D deficiency?
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013