Have UTI. On cipro. Feeling nausea and less urination. Urine culture done. Is it kidney infection?

Hi... I have had a UTI for about 5 weeks now.. Five weeks ago, I went to my dr. and he prescribed Cipro for 10 days.. the UTI is still present and i am nauseated and am only peeing slightly but often. How long does it take before it turns into a kidney infection? My doctor is now having my urine cultured which wasn;t ever done in the first place. I am just concerned that it could have travelled to my kidneys. I am also getting diarrea also. Can you please help? Thank you ... Laura
Asked On : Mon, 16 Jul 2012