Have Tetrology of Fallot since birth. Can I take Amoxycilin and have tattoo session?

Hi I am a 24 year old male born with a heart defect. I had a leaky valve when I was born I believe my condition is called Tetrology of Fallot. I was always told by my mother and cardiologist not to get any tattoos. I feel like the reason is because of an increased risk of developing a condition called endocarditis . I was wondering if I took amoxycilin which I take before every dental appointment which I presume now is for the same reason , before a tattoo session would this lower my risk of developing an infection?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013