Have RSD. Contractions, hard stomach. Will fetus be affected?

My daughter-in-law is a RSD patient. She became pregant by accident and was six weeks before she found out and had been taking her medication all that lenght of time. She was on four medications and they have taken her off the worst ones. I do not know what her meds are. She has been sick since the beginning and ended up in the hospital at the onset. They saw twins and when she went back in a few weeks, one of the babies were no longer present and they feel she has lost it. She has had severe contractions since the onset of her pregancy. My son says she has them almost every 30 minutes and her stomach gets rock hard during this time and last for a short while after the contractions end. She is almost five months pregant and has finally stopped throwing up. She was throwing up all day long. They have told her the postibiltiy of losing the baby is high. My question is: If she goes to full term, what are the effect of all these contractions on the fetus and can it cause there to be birth defects due to the meds she was taking and the trauma on the fetus now?
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013