Have RA. Taking Enbrel, mtx. No pain reduction. Need advise for pain killers

I have been living with for 7 yrs. I have taken Enbrel in the past but was unable to obtain health insurance for about two yrs . my former primary care prescribed prednisone 20mg unable to help much with the RA. I took it almost daily for a year because of no other affordable options for pain. currently I have health insurance once again... a new rumy that has me on Enbrel which I have been taking for about 5 months along with mtx...this is doing little for my pain ...opposite to past experience...bottom line...I have a hard time getting decent pain meds from my rumy. my primary cant prescribe and my rumy says she cant give me anything stronger than tramadol. which doest help me at all. never been on any pain meds since I was diagnosed but now I need them. day to day is a struggle. what do I do?
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013