Have PSVT, prescribed Dilzem for increased palpitation. Right medication?

i am 20 yrs old having PSVT.My doctor has prescribed me dilzem-60 to be had at the time of increased palpatation.Is it the right medication or should i look for another one coz i go to college and i have to carry the medicine with me evertime as it can happen anytime.And yeah,do smoling increases the frequency of PSVT attacks??
Asked On : Wed, 15 Aug 2012
Hello Gaunik and thanks for the query
Your doctor has prescribed you a right medication for the problem. PSVT is treated with either betablockers or calcium channel blockers or both. But we have to take it regularly not at the time of episode. Only Injectable can help at the time of episode not the oral drugs.
The aim of the treatment is to stop the PSVT episodes to occur not to wait for the episode and than we have to take the medication. It can be dangerous because we don't know when we get the episode.
During the episode try to vomit it will stop immediately.
In my personal opinion consult your doctor again and discuss about it.
For smoking our advise for heart patient always remain Stop smoking.
Best Wishes