Have PCOS, heavy bleeding. Undergo RASPA?

hi collen from the phil. i have case of PCOS ,im 25 year old im single i have a heavy bleeding everytime i had my period . and now my OB gave me a medicine that can stop bleeding,but she told me, within % days if nothing change and i still have a heavy bleeding i have to undergo Raspa? do i have to undergo of raspa?im just scared pls help me thank you..i need your answer..
Asked On : Wed, 16 Jan 2013
Hi,Dear.Welcome to HEALTHCARE MAGIC.
If there is heavy bleeding then RASPA can be done to make your periods regular.
RASPA procedure or dilatation and curettage is a fairly simple procedure which will be done under a local or a regional anaesthesia.
It is a fairly simple procedure and usually has no complications if done by experienced hands.
Your periods might be irregular initially but then you will be fine.There might be slight abdominal pain after the procedure which can be easily tackled by medicines.
So there is nothing to worry about it,you can go for the procedure fearlessly.
Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.