Have PCOS, dysmenorrhea, irregular menstruation. Prescribed Duphaston. Now painful period. Due to treatment?

Hello, I am a 17 year old with PCOS , dysmenorrhoea, irregular heavy menstruation (heavy due to my unusually thick endometrium ) and hormonal imbalance. My doctor prescribed me with Duphaston 10mg as a 10-day treatment in order to regulate my menstrual cycle. However, after I had finished the treatment, I got an extremely painful heavy period (possibly the strongest and worst I ve ever gotten) Is this related to the treatment I was on? Should I get another ultrasound and consult my doctor again?
Asked On : Sat, 29 Dec 2012