Have PCOD, irregular period, over weight. Can we have a baby?

hello, I am 25, 3 months back got married. I am having PCOD problem. My 1st period started when I was in 7th std . Since from that time, I have irregular period. Meanwhile I was overweight , but now I lost 15 kgs of weight, I do daily exercise and 5.5km walking daily. Me and my husband want baby not before 2 years from now. My Dr said, to take chance as early as possible. Is it true? After 2 years, Can problem get created? Also please suggest solution for irregular period.
Asked On : Sat, 30 Mar 2013