Have PCOD. On Glycomet. Does only taking medicine help lose weight?

Hi, I am 41 and an old PCOD case (past 12 yrs post delivery - have 1 child). I have been on glycomet 850mg (twice a day) since past 10 months - initially i lost 10 kgs rapidly in 2 1/2 months, but slackened on the exercise n diet and have regained 9 kgs. only taking the medicine does not help lose weight? One has to exercise and diet alongside? What I am trying to ask is doesn t the medicine itself help in losing weight? Also for how long can the medication be taken without harm.
Asked On : Sat, 22 Dec 2012