Have Mirena inserted. Having pain in the hip, causing discomfort while walking. Cause of pain?

I have had the Mirena now for a little more than 5 years (I had a new one put in a few months ago) . 5 days ago (the day after Thanksgiving), I a sharp, cramp-like pain in my inner right hip so severe that I couldn t walk. I went in for an urgent care appointment and the doctor was unable to tell me what was causing the pain but prescribed Motrin 80mg and Tramadone (breakthrough) PRN. This pain has persisted and I after talking to a friend of mine that had hers removed after nerve damage, I was wondering if there is a possibility that my Mirena can be the cause for this unexplained pain, even after 6 years.
Asked On : Sat, 1 Dec 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  40 Awaiting Answer