Have Mirena coil due to heavy bleeding. Started bleeding now, lacking energy. Normal?

Hi I had the mirena coil fitted May 2010 (due to heavy constant bleeding ), I was told it would last approximately 4 years. I have had it in now for approx 2 years and 9 months and over the last few months I have felt really low, lacking energy and constant symptoms of starting a period. Today i started bleeding. I know there are no guarantees the coil would last the full four years but I did not think it would wear off so soon. Is this something I should go to see my GP about or is it normal. All help really appreicated with this
Asked On : Sun, 3 Mar 2013