Have Mirena IUD. Breaking out, herpes positive. Should I have it removed?

So I decided to get the Mirena IUD and close to a month after I got it, My vagina starting breaking out and turns out I was positive with Herpes, I could have had it for a while and not even know it, right?? Why does the IUD make me break out so much? I've herd this is common. Should I get the IUD taken out and just go on the pill? I have never had a break out before the IUD, and I didn't have sex for almost a month after it was inserted in me, so there's no way someone could have gave it to me after, so I must have had it before the IUD but never had a break out, should I risk getting it removed and see if the break out routine changes??
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013