Have Lyme disease. Have painful legs and hips. Suggestion?

Hi, thank you for helping. I have a co-worker with out internet access at home. He was diagnosed with Lyme diseas a while back and is suffering with severe pain in his legs & hips. It's so bad he has to use a crutch a lot of the time.
He has been seen by several doctors in Virginia MN and they keep telling him he has gout and there is nothing they can do for him. I gave him the name of an excellen orthopedic surgeron/specialist today and that is when he informed me he feels it's due to the Lymes disease. What are your thoughts??
Asked On : Sat, 13 Apr 2013