Have Laryngytis. Voice hoarse, breathy. Prescribed home remedies with medicines. Reason for prolonged hoarseness?

I have had laryngitis for 7 weeks. My docotor has prescribed 2 rounds of antibiotics, first Zithromax and then Amoxicillin . I also took prednisone for a week to bring down swelling. My throat still hurts though it doesn t look red and angry anymore. I still have one more day on the antibiotics. My voice has not come back and is still very hoarse and breathy. The doctor said my lungs are fine. In additon to the meds, my docotor said to use home remedies, like honey and lemon, slippery elm bark tea and lots of water. What else can I do and why would my voice still be gone after so long?
Asked On : Sun, 24 Feb 2013