Have LDL score, HDL score, cholesterol and triglyceride report. What does it mean? Diet and exercise can help?

I currently have a LDL score of 161, HDL of 89 & Triglycerides of 94. My total cholesterol is 269 & CHOL/HDLC Ratio of 3.0. I m 5 5 tall and weigh 200 lbs. I m 41 years old, I don t smoke or drink and have no family history of early heart disease. Through diet and exercise, I lost 20 lbs. I stopped exercising within the last 6 months. My previous scores a year ago are: HDL = 71 LDL = 155 Tri = 73 Total = 241 CHOL/HDLC = 3.0 Should I go on cholesterol lowering medication?
Asked On : Fri, 28 Sep 2012