Have Insulin Resistance, POCS, irregular period treating with metformin and birth control. Want baby. What can be done?

Hi my name is Emma I am 22 yo And I have Insulin Resistance and POCS and have had irregular period since I was 17 Which I have been treating with metformin and birth control and diet (which i am still working on) I told my doctor I didn t want to be on birth control because we wanted to start a family She replied you can t start a family if you can t stop spotting I was on BC for 6 months and started to regulate but felt horrible I was sick all the time So I stop taking it my last real period was in March. May-July I had none and august and early September just spotting September 17th- present (October 8th) I have been spotting/lightly bleeding I just want it to stop and I don t want to go on BC is there another way to stop the long irregular spotting? And have normal periods I just wanna be a mommy :((
Asked On : Sat, 12 Oct 2013