Have IUD. Had vaginal infections, dryness. Due to skin growing around the IUD?

I have had a mirena iud for almost five years, and have had trouble with repetitive vaginal infections and severe vaginal dryness . At my last pap , the results showed abnormal cells, so I had a biopsy and a procedure where the inside of my cervix was scraped for tissue samples. It s been almost a week since and I ve had med/small amounts of tissue discharging and strangely enough my vaginal fluids are back to normal. Can skin grow around the mirena overtime and cause some of these irritations I ve been experiencing?
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013