Have IBS and reflux. Prescribed Loferamine. Passing wind, have diarrhea, pain, constipation. Help

I have ibs symptoms with gastro-oesophageal reflux disease I just don t know fron one day to another how I.m going to feel I m 78 years of age and my present situation only started 3years ago it has completely ruined my social .. I ha ve been told by a gastro- enterologist that the problem I have is related to the brain which is emphasing the symptoms. I have had no food intolerance tests or analysis of stools . I have recently been prescribed loferamine but it has completely destroyed my sleep pattern so apart from the symptoms of constipation diarrhoea pain and copious amounts of passing wind I m tired all the time because I cannot sleep. I understand that some medics do not believe thatibs cannot be relieved and that it is always related to an underlying problem. help please
Asked On : Wed, 20 Mar 2013