Have IBS. Blood in stool, chest pain, throat discomfort. Low vitmain B12 level. Abdominal pain

I am a 31 yr old male with no family history of colon cancer . I have been to see a gi and he has diagnosed me with ibs . This past week I took notice that my stool had blood in it. It didn t look too dark and was under the impression that ibs didn t have bloody stools . I have been in a panic ever since, so much that my chest has begun to hurt and my throat feels like it is closing up at times. I have two kids and want to see them grow old so I am scared to death. I have had blood work done and was told my b12 was extremely low and had a fecal occult test done and it came out negative. My abdominal pain on a scale of 1-10 is about a 3 so not really enough to bother me. I have an appointment for next friday but I m needing a little reassurance or something now. The wait is absolutely killing me. What is your honest to goodness opinion?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013