Have I got an STI ?

Hello, I am concerned as I am itchy and sting in my vaginal area. Can it be an STI ?
Asked On : Wed, 14 Jul 2010
Hello.Welcome.If you are doing unprotected sex with multiple people or with a single infected person ,it can be STD.If it is not so then don't develop useless notions and relax.Just consult a Gynecologist for check up.Good luck.
Psychiatrist Dr. Manjula Rau's  Response
dear hannah
itchness in vaginal area may be due to several causes .
there must be a history of exposure to get sti
so pl consult ur gynecologist who will do a physical examination to see the nature of illness
a battery of blood tests are also requies to ascertain the nature of illness to start appropiate treatment
dont delay consult immediately
to have a fast recovery thanking you dr manjula rau