Have I developed an allergy as i have red bumps all over my body ?

I am a 27 year old female and I believe I have had a severe allergic reaction twice in the past week. I woke up at 3am both times with severe nausea , abdominal pain , and diarrhea . A few minutes later my tongue began tingling and the palms of my hands and then I began itching all over my body (I actually have claw marks now). My feet started sweeling as well as my hands and my face and I broke out in tiny red bumps all over and what appeared to be white blisters on my legs. My husband gave me Benadryl but it did not help. My heart was racing very fast and when the itching finally subsided I started sweating and shaking all over. My husband laid down with me to try and keep me warm and finally after an hour I fell asleep still shaking. Today I had him check me for bug bites and I have a spot on the back of my neck about the size of a nickel and there is red blotchiness all the way up to my ear. I am terrified to eat or sleep for fear that this will happen again. I am going to an allergy specialist on Tuesday but I wanted to make sure my speculations were right before going there. Was this anaphylaxis and could it have occured due to a bug bite?
Asked On : Mon, 4 Jul 2011