Have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis but thyroid levels are normal. Have slurred speech. Related?

Hi I have Hashimoto s thyroiditis ( Thyroid peroxidase Ab 205 IU/ml and Thyroglobulin Ab 92 IU/ml) but my thyroid levels are normal ( TSH 1.83, T4 free 1.2 ng/dl and T3 free 3.5 pg/ml). The thing is for the past few months I m experiencing hypothyroid like symptoms such as severe cold intolerance, poor concentraion and SEVERE muscle fatigue . The most concerning symptom I ve been having for the past year is slurred speech where my tongue feels swollen near the back, making it difficult to articulate my words. Can Hashimoto s still cause symptoms even though thyroid levels are normal . Also, is there a connection with Hashimotos/hypothyroidism and tongue/speech problems? Thanks
Asked On : Wed, 13 Mar 2013