Have HIV positive. All test are done. Prescribed to change all the medication. Will there be any problem?

I'm in a nightmare situation. I am HIV poz, and started meds about 9 mos ago. Atripla. My T-cell is 199 my viral load is 700 ish. I am currently seeing a doctor who is not happy that my viral load is not suppressed by now. She ordered a genotype and phenotype test, but because my viral load is 700 ish, she could not do the tests to determine why I am in vrlogical failure. She wants to change my meds, but I do't know how she knows what to change them to without a result of this test. VERY FRIGHTENED. My Viral load was well into the 100,000 when I began seeing her, and my t-cell, 147 when I began meds, went up to 217, and later dropped to 199 since taking them. She prescriped septra twice, the first time I developed a rash, she said I may be allergic. She prscribed them again, after I told her of the rash form before, now she has decided that I AM allergic. What really has me concerned is that I feel that she should have known that the genotype/phenotype would not work, because I have to have a viral load of 1000. I was told by my sister, who's been an RN for several years now, to get a second opinion, or perhaps change doctors. PLEASE HELP...The doctor is leaving it up to me to decide whether to change meds or not, and I don't have enough info to go on.
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013