Have Guillain Barre? Numbness in toes and fingers, trouble walking. Can strep infection induce it?

Could my 21 year old daughter have Guillain Barre? A week ago she started with numbness in her toes and then fingers. The next day it spread to the bottom of her feet and her leg and arm muscles became weak and painful. A few days later all her muscles hurt and are weak. She has trouble walking and writing with her hands. Went to the DR a five days ago they took all sorts of blood work including CBC, Chem profile, CRP , ESR , lyme and other tick born diseases and autoimmune tests. The only thing her blood work showed that was abnormal was a high ASO titer (she said she had a soar throat on and off this past month) so they put her on antibiotics 3 days ago but she is still having these symptoms. Could the strep infection have triggered Guillian Barre?
Asked On : Sat, 18 Aug 2012