Have Gouts causing swelling in wrist and toe joints. Am diabetic. Medication?

Sir, Presently i m 64 years of old man and for the last 30 years i m suffering from Gouts which causes painful swelling some times in my wrist and / or in my joint leg thumb . previously i was taking Zyloric 100mg twice a day when there was gout pain , otherwise i do not take Zyloric. now the doctor has changed it and suggested febuget 40 once a day . Presently level of uric acid is 5.8mg, but still i have feeling of pain in my joint of leg thumb. Besides it i m diabetic and level is 168 / 310 for which taking Gluconorm G-2 twice a day since last 5 days. Kindly suggest me which is the suitable medicine for Gouts. Regards D.K.Jain
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013