Have GIST in abdomen. Taken Sutent for stomach tumor. What happens if tumor stops responding?

Hello Doctor, I am a male aged about 39years, I am suffering from GIST in abdomen, The problem started with Appendicitis abscess in 2008 operated using laproscopy . In 2009 again I had low appetite & was diagnosed as GIST, Was Operated & put on Imatinib/Gleevec. In 2010 Sep symptoms started again with small tumours in Stomach, Was again put on Sutent/ Sunitinib. I was doing good till Aug 2012. Now again there are symptoms of re growth. Now I am asked to move to Evertor 10mg. Please let me know what is the way forward & if the tumor stops responding to Evertor is that the end? or is there a life style change which can make impact. I am not a smoker & do not consume alcohol.
Asked On : Sun, 21 Oct 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  26 Awaiting Answer