Have Epidermolysis Bullosa. Why is skin itchy? Take protopic?

i have Epidermolysis Bullosa but my skin has become very itchy recently. I ;ve never had exzema but seem to have developed a mild form during my pregancy. A few months after i had given birth, the itchiness started. It would itch severely on my inner thighs, the inner part of my legs, behind my knees, inner arms/hands, armpits and my neck . sometimes my back and tummy as well. the doctor accredited it to changes in my body after pregnancy and put me on oral cortizone and a cortizone cream which stopped the itching. its been about a year now and its back. The same cortizone treatment hasnt helped. I;ve been using Epizone for Exzema and Psorisis which hasnt given much relief. The doc also prescribed Protopic , which hasnt helped either. i haven t changed the products i use or my diet. im not allergic to anything. The itching is so bad, i cant help but scratch which leaves red bumps on the skin or tears my skin completely due to the epidermolysis bullosa, my skin is very thin and fragile.
Asked On : Fri, 28 Sep 2012