Have CVA infarct, left MCA distribution. CT scan shows polysinusitis, lacunar infarct. What does it mean?

Good Day.. I have a friend who’s suffering from CVA INFARCT, LEFT MCA DISTRIBUTION CT-SCAN REPORT: Plain axial tomographic sections of the head reveal a small well-defined hypodense lesion in the left parietal deep white matter area. Patchy hypodensities are seen in the bilateral frontoparietal paraventricular white matter areas. The ventricle are enlarged. The cerebral sulci and cisterns as well as the cerebellar folia are widened. No abnormal extra-axial fluid demonstrated. The midline structures are undisplaced. The posterior fossa brainstem and sellar region do not appear unusual. The bilateral vertebral arteries are arteriosclerotic. Mucoperiosteal thickening is noted in the left maxillary sinus and bilateral ethmoid air cells. The petromastoids, included orbits and bony calvarium appear unremarkable. A nasogastric tube is noted with its tip cut off from view. IMPRESSION: Lacunar infarct left parietal deep white matter area. Ischemic changes Vs. white matter disease. Bifrontoparietal paraventricular white matter areas. Cerebral and cerebellar atrophy. Arteriosclerotic bilateral vertebral arteries. Polysinusitis. What does it mean. Can you please explain it in laymans term
Asked On : Wed, 8 Aug 2012