Have CPEO. Headache, limb weakness. Taking homeopathic medicine. Hereditary disease?

i am a patient of Chronic progressive external ophthalmoplegia (CPEO). It was diagnosed in 1993-94 when i was 16 years old, through series of test which included muscle biopsy at SGPGI Lucknow, Deptt of neuro-ophthalmology. Now i am 34 years old. Both of eyelids cover my eyeballs so i have to stretch my forehead in order to see which usually causes headache after some hrs of working. When CPEO was diagnosed it was restricted in eyes only slowly over the period of 20 years i feel weakness in my Limbs while exercising of climbing stairs. I am taking homeopathic medicine since last 10 years but got no positive results, instead i feel it has started spreading in my whole body. i have three concerns:
1.My son now 5 years of age often complaints about pain in legs (thigh and calf), whether this disease can pass to my son and my daughter ( 9 months old) if yes what is the treatment?
2. What is the average healthy life span(age) of patients like us?
3. what could be the position of such patients at last stage whether bedridden or wheel chair?

Asked On : Sat, 13 Apr 2013