Have COPD. Dry nasal cavity. Using tweezers to remove mucus. Have headache. What damage have I done?

I have COPD and am on oxygen 24 hours a day. My nasal cavity is always very dry and due to no air its very hard to blow my nose, so i have to use tweezers to pull the Mucus out. Now it has created another problem, i believe i have hit bone. When i insert the tweezers now at a certain place its like chewing on tin foil on a filling. I get headaches when i do it now but if I don t do this i cannot breathe at all. what damage do you think I have done?
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013