Have Bartholin's cyst. Taking antibiotics. Can I go swimming?

hello, My name is Poonam Agarwal, I was suffering from bartholyn cyst for few days. it got automatically burst on 2 days back. immediately next day i visited my Gynec and she cleaned up remaing pus with some chemical solution. I am on antibiotics right now. pus sample had gone to identify possible cause of infection. i dont have any pain right now and i dont feel any remaining pus coming out. may i go for swimming in next week? my gynec also given me some ointment to apply on that area to avoid any infection. please reply me soon.. thanks in advance doc :) Email id YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Sun, 20 Jan 2013
hi dear, if that area heals off completly, i mean it becomes complete dry u can go . but if it still wet please avoid swimming. both for ur and others safety. others can acquire infection from u or u might get some other infection in that raw area. in my view best is to avoid swimming for atleast a month if possible.
thank u