Have AVN of hip joint, done physiotherapy. Any solution apart from hip replacement?

Hi! I have been diagonised with AVN of the hip joint stage 2. I have been advised by my doctor to have calcium and physiotherapy . Its been 10 days since I have been on physio and the pain has reduced quite a bit. I want to know what is the actual solution to this problem apart from hip replacement as the docs are advising. Will the AVn spread to other joints, will it go to stage 3. Will my joint/ bone break if I fall as I feel very weak in my legs and feel that I have no strength in my hip joint. Will physiotherapy help me in the long run. What chance do I have.
Asked On : Sat, 29 Sep 2012