Has swallowing issues, throat stretched, muscle weakness, lower back pain. Cure?

My mom has had swallowing issues that have gotten progressively worse over the past 3 years. She has had her throat stretched twice by a GI twice to no avail. She has been treated for Gerd . She has been tested for Als, polymiositis, myesthenia Gravis all to no avail. Throat reflexes seem normal per her Neurologist yet, my mom can only eat about three bites of food before things get stuck...and those three bites take her an hour to get down. She mostly lives on Ensure. She can swallow liquids, but not the solid food. Her most recent blood work all came out perfectly normal. She also has a great deal of muscle weakness and lower back and neck pain .......the next step is to do an MRI to see if there is a spinal nerve injury..........but after 4 answers. I am afraid she is going to die alone choking on food. Any ideas of stones that may be left unturned here? Thanks!
Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013