Has shortness of breath, exhaustion. Done CT scan. How does density factor contribute?

My 21 year old physically fit don went to the doctors after he became completely exhausted after his run. He works out regularly but after running, he had shortness of breath and had to lie down. The doctor ran tests, sending him for heart monitoring (heart is fine),and lung X-rays. The doctor isn t telling him much but suddenly another office called to schedule a CT scan as they doing density in his lung X-rays. What is density? And, shouldn t the doctor exchange more dialogue with my son regarding testings and results? My son is attending college out of state which makes it difficult. Thank you for your time.
Asked On : Wed, 6 Mar 2013