Has red pimple like area on face. Dermatologist gave steroid and antibiotics. Prevention and cure?

My daughter appears to be developing a red pimple like area on her face. There is a pinhole size opening at the center. This area is tender to the touch. She developed one on her chin in Dec which swelled my ably. A dermatologist in the state in which she attended grad school lanced it, graver her steroid injection I believe along with antibiotics. She appears to be getting two more. One on each side of her face. Etiology? Treatment? Prevention? All I know to do this eve is put paste of water and baking soda as well as ibuprofen for pain
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013