Has pinkish urine and bloody stool. Had eaten roasted beets. Related?

My daughter had a large bowl of roasted beets on Monday at noon and then a few in her salad on Tuesday, She first had pinkish urine and I told her it must be the beets and then she called my at midnight last night hysterical because her stool was bloody. I told her it was probably the beets...could it take 48 or more hours to pass the beets? She is away at college.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013
Consuming beets can change your urine color to red, pink or brown and even your stool also becomes darker or reddish.This can be an alarming sight, but there's no need to worry. It's just the coloring from the carotenoids and flavonoids in the beets.
The time taken  to pass beet in the stool varies from person to person and it is a rough measure of your digestive health and it tells that how long food takes to leave your colon.
It can take up to 3 days for beet to pass in your stool.