Has peeling skin on feet. Diagnosed with plantar fasciitis. Applying hemp foot protector. Any suggestion?

My husband has peeling skin on the bottom of his feet .Recently, he was diagnosed with plantar fasciitis and I was strapping his foot as per doc s instructions when the condition became worse (I would say he had dry skin on his feet before either condition). He has no peeling or itching between the toes. At present he is applying Hemp Foot Protector from the Body Shop but not sure if this the way to go. He did use some cortisone cream but only for a few days. There are sometimes a few small blisters which seem to break down and then peeling occurs.
Asked On : Sat, 14 Jul 2012