Has on and off abdominal pain and metallic taste in mouth. Cause?

My grandmother was having pain that comes and goes in her lower right abdomen . She though maybe a hernia because it feels like pulling but when pain comes it is severe. When the pain is present she has a metallic taste in her mouth. Her doctor ruled out hernia with a sonogram. He seemed not concerned, but it has been persistant and going on for about 7 weeks. What other things could it be that we need to rule out? Thank you for your help
Asked On : Fri, 22 Mar 2013