Has nausea, headaches, fatigue, diarrhea after raw oysters meal. Why clay colored stool?

My husband became ill on Christmas day after eating raw oysters the evening before. Started with headache, nausea, fatigue , one episode of diarrhea . Slight nausea intermittently even on Jan 2, (explosive diarrhea 4 times Dec. 28th, after which started feeling better). Reading site from Minnesota Dpt . of Health, requests reporting. Oysters eaten at private residence in Wilton, Connecticut; home is Cleveland. Are we supposed to report this? Also now with clay colored stool, routine bloodwork done Dec 31 (labs ordered week prior after seeing new MD; has appt. Jan 10). Platelet count 78,000 - he takes Dilantin , but lowest ever was ~ 100,000. Could vibrio infection lower his platelet count?
Asked On : Sun, 6 Jan 2013